Job Description Lactalis South Africa is part of the French international dairy company Lactalis and is one of the major players in the Southern African dairy industry.
The purpose of this job is to ensure the most accurate forecast to support the business targets. It has operations in South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, Swaziland and Mozambique.
This exciting career opportunity at Lactalis SA will enable you to apply your business acumen to ensure that the company achieves its challenging objectives during the next phase of its growth in South Africa.
The available position is that of a Process System Operator at the Bonnievale Plant, Lactalis SA. Duties & Responsibilities
- Main responsibilities will be to operate the SOS line and SOS Cooker Vacuum, Flash Cooker and EFA, lesithin plant and ASCI.
- Records must be done accurately every 30 min (frequency objective to change)
- To take full responsibility for Food safety and Quality
- Cleaning of the equipment during shift must be done
- Responsible for safety while on shift
- Must operate the equipment at the set target with regards to efficiency
- Cleaning of the immediate area must be done and must be clean at all times
- Collect samples of the product for each batch produced and identify it correctly
- From a people developing point of view you will be asked to learn to use other equipment as well like flow wrap, metal detector and inline scales.
- General housekeeping must be at a high standard. Required Skills
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to work effectively, independently and co-operate at all levels
- At least 2 years’ experience as an operator of a Stephan-,Cooker pot, Bosch, GBM1, GBM2, Sausage- and Flow wrap machine will prove advantageous
- Must have complete basic dairy training.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to work overtime, weekends and public holidays.
- To be accurate and have a sharp sense of punctuality.
- To be reliable, trustworthy, pro-active and energetic.
- To be a team player.